I am a formulation scientist, inventor, manager, beauty blogger, beauty futurologist, science communicator and environmentalist.
Biggest achievements to date -
- Conceiving and formulating one of the top selling pharmaceutical scalp treatment shampoos.
- Organising the first two Formulate trade shows, now a key feature of the UK cosmetic industry's year.
- Starting Colin's Beauty Pages, the UK's main blog devoted to cosmetic science and other health and beauty matters.
- Elected as a Fellow of the Society of Biology 1st October 2013.
- Specialties: Formulation development, science communication, cosmetic regulatory compliance, rheology, experimental design, finding odd connections between things that nobody else has noticed.
- I am an experienced formulator of cosmetic and topical pharmaceutical products, having started working for a contract manufacturer supplying supermarkets, an ethical Pharmaceutical company specialising in dermatology, a brand holder in the FMCG sector and a developer and manufacturer of topical products with a medical twist including some licensed ones.
- Beechams Pharmaceuticals - 2 years as a lab technician
- Intergen Beauty Products - 4 years as a development chemist
- Stiefel Laboratories - 14 years as a development chemist and lab manager
- Medex Scientific/Montagne Jeunesse - 9 years managing lab and supporting contract manufacturing
- Colin’s Beauty Pages - 7 years building it up to the most widely read UK beauty science blog with over 30,000 page views a month
- Leicester Polytechnic - Degree in Environmental Science awarded 1983
- Diplloma of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists 1985
- Elected Fellow of the Society of Biology 2013
- Product Formulation
- Regulatory Advice
- Safety Assessments
- Experimental Design